At the EGAAL Doctoral School, theses open to applications are principally available via the platform: “Theses in Bretagne Loire”.
Application methods vary according to the particular recruitment procedure.
- If the desired thesis offer is concerned by the “Interview” recruitment procedure: Fill out the application dossier, using the downloadable template available here, and send the complete dossier to the project sponsor (Thesis Supervisor).
- If the desired thesis offer is concerned by the “Competitive Exam” recruitment procedure: Fill out the application dossier, using the downloadable template available here, and submit the complete dossier via the “Theses in Bretagne Loire” platform. IMPORTANT: Be sure to consult the competitive exam calendar, downloadable here.
The thesis project application dossier comprises:
- A detailed curriculum vitæ (academic and research experience).
- Academic transcripts for the Master 1 and Master 2 (or equivalent).
- M1 and M2 rankings.
- A letter of motivation.
- Up to three letters of recommendation, drafted according to the doctoral school template downloadable here.
- Summaries of all Master’s-level work carried out (unless covered by a confidentiality clause).
- A statement issued by the Master’s training course director explaining any absence of a Master’s ranking system at the concerned institution. In this case, the director specifies the applicant’s overall average mark, as well as that of the student’s graduating class.
Taken together, all of these elements should allow for an assessment of the applicant’s admissibility vis-à-vis the targeted thesis project.